MELA stands for Metered Enterprise Licensing Agreement. It offers organizations a flexible and elastic way to license their KEMP application delivery resources, meeting both the variable application capacity demands and the multi-ADC environments that are emerging with extensive use of cloud services. By using this model, an organization can subscribe to a defined monthly capacity which can be distributed between unlimited on-demand ADC instances across multiple cloud and on premise environments (e.g. private OpenStack cloud + Azure Public Cloud).
In order to utilize this licensing architecture there are a number of requirements that must be met before arranging initial deployment with the Professional Services team.
- Need to have a separate SPLA enabled KEMP ID. This is a KEMP ID enabled for specific additional functionality. Contact your account manager for further details.
- Bi-directional communication between KEMP360 Central and managed LoadMasters over TCP/443.
- Syslog traffic from LM --> Central over UDP/514.
- KEMP360 Central to have SMTP communication to a local SMTP server over TCP/25.
- KEMP360 Central to have DNS communication to a local DNS server over TCP/UDP/53.
- KEMP360 Central to have internet access to our public licensing server.
- Virtual Machine environment (Hyper-V, VMware, or Azure) with capacity to host the KEMP360 Central instance (4GB, 2x CPU).