First, download the VMware Tools Add-On Package from support.kemptechnologies.com under Product News and Updates > Other Downloads.
In order to install the VMware Tools Add-On Package, the LoadMaster must be running firmware version 7.0-14a or later and must be using a 64-bit architecture.
To install the add-on package, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser and log in to the LoadMaster shared IP address.
- In the main menu, select System Configuration > System Administration > Update Software.
- Under Installed Addon Packages click the Choose File button.
- Browse to the previously downloaded VMware Tools Add-On Package file.
- Select the Kemp-VMware-Tools file and click Open.
- Click Install Addon Package.
- After the installation is completed, the master unit needs to be rebooted. Log in to the master unit.
- Go to System Configuration > System Administration > System Reboot.
- Click the Reboot button.
- Click OK to confirm reboot.
- Allow the LoadMaster to reboot and reconnect with the partner.
- From your browser, log into the master and standby units from the individual IP addresses.
- Go to Local Administration > Update Software.
- VMToolsd should be displayed under Installed Addon Packages on both the master and standby units.
If VMToolsd is not displayed under Installed Addon Packages, wait for a few minutes for the LoadMaster configurations to synchronize and then refresh the browser.