In order to prevent Virtual LoadMaster (VLM) license issues due to MAC address changes, ensure that the MAC address of the VLM is set statically. Refer to the relevant section below to find out what steps should be taken to set a static MAC address for VLMs which are deployed on VMware ESX and Hyper-V.
- Locate a virtual machine in the vSphere Web Client.
- Right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- On the Hardware tab, select the network adapter.
- In the MAC Address section, select Manual from the drop-down menu.
- Type the static MAC address and click OK.
- In the Hyper-v Manager, right-click the VLM and select Settings.
- Expand the first Network Adapter listed.
- Click Advanced Features.
- Under MAC Address, select the Static radio button.
- Click OK to save the settings.