The GEO Selection Criteria drop-down list is available in the Modify FQDN screen. To access this screen, in the LoadMaster Web User Interface (WUI), go to Global Balancing > Manage FQDNs and click Modify on the relevant FQDN.
The selection criterion used to distribute the resolution requests can be selected from this drop-down list. The Selection Criteria available are:
- Round Robin: Incoming request is distributed sequentially across all available sites, i.e. the available virtual service.
- Weighted Round Robin: Incoming request is distributed across all available sites in a sequential manner, while taking account of a static “weighting” that can be pre-assigned per server.
- Fixed Weighting: The highest weight Real Server is used only when other Real Server(s) are given lower weight values.
- Real Server Load: All incoming queries will be sent to site with the highest weight. Only when that site is not available will queries be directed to the second highest weighted site.
- Proximity: Traffic is distributed to the closest site to the client. The positioning of the sites is set by inputting the longitude and latitude coordinates of the site during setup. The position of the client is determined by their IP address.
- Location Based: Traffic is distributed to the closest site to the client. The positioning of the sites is set by inputting the location of the site (country or continent) during setup. The position of the client is determined by their IP address.