Some important notes regarding how HA operates in the LoadMaster for Azure, are listed below:
- Synchronization of Virtual Service settings only occurs from the master (HA1) to the slave (HA2). Changes made to the master will be replicated to the slave. However, changes made to the slave are never replicated to the master.
- The replication (synchronization) of Virtual Service settings (from master to slave) is not instant in all cases and may take a few moments to complete
- If the master unit fails, connections will be directed to the slave unit. The master unit is the master and will never become the slave, even if it fails. Similarly, the slave unit will never become the master. When the master unit comes back up, connections will automatically be directed to the master again.
- Virtual Service configuration changes should never be made to the slave unit because these changes will not be replicated to the master. All Virtual Service Configuration changes should be made in the master unit. If the master unit is down, no Virtual Service configuration changes should be made.
- The HA Check Port must be set to the same port on both the master and slave units for HA to work correctly