Some important notes regarding how HA operates in the LoadMaster for Azure, are listed below:
- LoadMaster HA for Azure involves two LoadMasters that synchronize settings bidirectionally. Changes made to the master are replicated to the slave and vice versa.
- The replication (synchronization) of Virtual Service settings is not instant in all cases and may take a few moments to complete.
- If the master unit fails, connections will be directed to the slave unit. The master unit is the master and will never become the slave, even if it fails. Similarly, the slave unit will never become the master. When the master unit comes back up, connections will automatically be directed to the master again.
- Virtual Service configuration changes should never be made to the slave unit because these changes will not be replicated to the master. All Virtual Service configuration changes should be made in the master unit. If the master unit is down, no Virtual Service configuration changes should be made.
- The HA Check Port must be set to the same port on both the master and slave units for HA to work correctly.