To perform an automated backup, first - set up an FTP server and create a user account on the FTP server.
To enable automated backups on the LoadMaster, follow the steps below in the Web User Interface (WUI):
- In the main menu, select Systems Configuration > System Administration > Backup/Restore.
- Select the Enable Automated Backups check box.
- Select the time to perform the backup which can be Daily or on any set day of the week.
- In the Remote user text box, enter the FTP username and click Set Remote User.
- In the Remote password text box, enter the FTP password and click Set Remote Password.
- In the Remote host text box, enter the IP address of the FTP server.
- Optional: In the Remote Pathname text box, enter the remote path on the FTP server.
- Test the automated backup by clicking the Test Backup button.
The backup will be performed at the selected time.
N.B. - the automated backup only contains the configuration information. The manual backup takes instead into account all the statistics and process running on the loadmaster, such as netstat and PS. Automatic backup will be then way smaller than manual backup.