This can be accomplished by selecting fixed weighting as the Scheduling Method of the Virtual Service. This will allow clients to only connect to the highest available weighted Real Server. If the preferred Real Server becomes unavailable, the next highest available weighted Real Server will be selected.
All weights of the Real Servers must be different. To modify the associated weight of a specific Real Server, follow the steps below in the Web User Interface (WUI):
- In the main menu, select Virtual Services and View/Modify Services.
- Click the Modify button on the relevant Virtual Service.
- Expand the Real Servers section.
- Click the Modify button on the relevant Real Server.
- Change the weight of the Real Server in the Weight field.