Typically, it is better to configure this sort of redirect on your Real Servers, however you can use header modification to achieve the same result. To do this, follow the steps below in the LoadMaster Web User Interface (WUI):
- In the main menu, select Rules & Checking and Content Rules.
- Click Create New.
- Use the following settings for the rule.
Rule Name: Rewrite_Root
Rule Type: Modify URL
Match String: ^/$
Modified URL: /redirect/to
- Click Create Rule.
- In the main menu, select Virtual Services and View/Modify Services.
- Click Modify on the relevant Virtual Service.
- Expand the Advanced Properties section.
- Click Show Header Rules.
- In Request Rules, select the relevant rule and click Add.
By matching “/” and rewriting it to the desired value, you can force requests to a certain resource or directory.