How to determine Processes that are running on the Kemp LoadMaster
To view a list of currently running processes on the LoadMaster a PS command can be run.
A PS will display the PPIDs of the processes running on the LoadMaster.
To run a PS, follow the steps below in the LoadMaster Web User Interface (WUI):
- In the main menu, go to System Configuration > Logging Options > System Log Files.
- Click Debug Options.
- Click the ps button.
A new page will be displayed showing the output of the PS command.
Here is an explanation of the information provided on the PS page.
- USER = user owning the process
- PID = process ID of the process
- %CPU = It is the CPU time used divided by the time the process has been running.
- %MEM = ratio of the process’s resident set size to the physical memory on the machine
- VSZ = virtual memory usage of entire process (in KiB)
- RSS = resident set size, the non-swapped physical memory that a task has used (in KiB)
- TTY = controlling tty (terminal)
- STAT = multi-character process state
- START = starting time or date of the process
- TIME = cumulative CPU time
- COMMAND = command with all its arguments
Please refer to the following security KB in order to have additional information regarding security: