How to Upgrade the LoadMaster Firmware via FTP
There are some requirements that are needed before it is possible to upgrade the LoadMaster firmware via FTP:
- Putty needs to be installed
- A working FTP server must be in place
- Port 21 must be open on the firewall (or the firewall needs to be temporarily disabled)
To update the LoadMaster using FTP, follow the steps below:
- Create a folder on the Desktop. Store the firmware patch in this folder.
- Run the FTP server.
- Add the folder from Step 1 to allow share permissions.
- On the FTP server, create a username and password to allow access to the shared folder.
- Connect to the LoadMaster via SSH (using Putty).
- Log in to the LoadMaster.
- Select options 7 Utilities > 1 Software Upgrade > 1 Install Update.
- Enter the IP address of the FTP server.
- Enter the Username and Password you set up on the FTP server.
- Then, enter the name of the file. It must be the correct name and extension, for example 7.0-Patch-LM3500-3600-5300-5500-VLM200-2000-5000.bin.
- Enter the Password.
The LoadMaster will now update to the selected patch.