How to Upgrade the LoadMaster Firmware via FTP
There are some requirements that are needed before it is possible to upgrade the LoadMaster firmware via FTP:
- Putty needs to be installed
- A working FTP server must be in place
- Port 21 must be open on the firewall (or the firewall needs to be temporarily disabled)
before you begin
- the current firmware can be found here LoadMaster firmware download
- when performing a firmware upgrade a reboot of the LoadMaster is required
To update the LoadMaster using FTP, follow the steps below:
- Create a folder on the Desktop. Store the firmware patch in this folder.
- Run the FTP server.
- Add the folder from Step 1 to allow share permissions.
- On the FTP server, create a username and password to allow access to the shared folder.
- Connect to the LoadMaster via SSH (using Putty).
- Log in to the LoadMaster.
- Select options 7 Utilities > 1 Software Upgrade > 1 Install Update.
- Enter the IP address of the FTP server.
- Enter the Username of the account on the FTP server that can access the firmware file.
- Then, enter the directory and the file. It must be the correct name and extension, for example /Kemp/LoadMaster_Firmware/18.104.22.168.21224.RELEASE.PATCH-64-MULTICORE
- Enter the Password.
please note that this password will be in plain text as it is FTP not SFTP
- The LoadMaster will now transfer the firmware
- confirm that you want to install the firmware
note a reboot will be required
For a HA (high availability) setup, the firmware needs to be updated on both units separately