To send LoadMaster error messages to an email address, follow the steps below in the LoadMaster Web User Interface (WUI):
In the main menu, go to System Configuration > Logging Options > Email Options.
Select Enable Email Logging.
Enter the IP address or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the SMTP server in the SMTP Server field text box and click Set Server.
Enter the username for the SMTP server in the Server Authorization (Username) text box, if there is an authorization setup on the server. Click Set.
Enter the password for the SMTP server in the Authorization Password text box, if there is an authorization setup on the server. Click Set Password.
Enter in the top-level domain of the SMTP server in the Local Domain text box if it is part of a domain. Click Set Domain.
Select the type of Connection Security.
Finally, there are a number of different levels of alerts, ranging from normal information to critical and emergency errors. Enter email addresses in these text boxes as needed. Multiple email address can be entered in the by putting a comma and space between both addresses, for example email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emergency – The system is unusable and requires immediate attention
- Critical – Should be corrected immediately, but indicates failure in a primary system
- Error - Non-urgent failures but should be looked at ASAP
- Warn - Not an error, but indication that an error will occur if action is not taken
- Notice - Events that are unusual but not error conditions - no immediate action required
- Info - Normal operational messages - may be harvested for reporting
Once this is complete, of the relevant error messages will be sent to the email address(es) specified.