Kemp LoadMaster Firmware Upgrade Path
This article describes the mandatory Firmware upgrade path that needs to be followed to ensure a successful upgrade of your Kemp LoadMaster or ECS Connection Manager.
Updating to 7.2.x
Find your currently running LMOS release in the table below at left and follow the upgrade path shown at right to upgrade LMOS to a newer version. Please also refer to these resources for additional information:
- See this article for guidance on selecting an LMOS 7.2.x release.
- See the Release Notes for all firmware versions.
- Also see the Hardware Upgrade Notes below for restrictions on hardware updates based on model.
|Currently Running Release||Upgrade Path|
|5.0.x / 5.1.x|
|4.3.x (and previous)||Contact Kemp Support.|
Hardware Upgrade Notes
The NG line of LoadMaster and ECS Connection Manager hardware appliances (released in 2023) use the UEFI boot method. Previous hardware models used the BIOS boot method. What this means for you is that you will only be able to update hardware with new firmware using update images that support the boot method used by the hardware being updated. See the table below for the restrictions.
|NG hardware models (2023)||N||Y||N||Y|
|Previous hardware models||Y||Y||Y||Y|
XML Update Verification Notes
Note to users who are on firmware versions before 22.214.171.124 / 126.96.36.199 and are using the XML verification feature in the LoadMaster UI. The following upgrade path must be used:
- Patch to 188.8.131.52 / 184.108.40.206 (using the pre220.127.116.11 XML file)
- Patch to the desired LMOS version using the single XML file provided with the release.