Replacing the Rewrite Rules functionality using Replace Header rules
The Rewrite Rules option has been removed from the SSL Properties of the Virtual Service configuration. The following rules will replace the previous functionality.
When the Real Server rejects a request with an HTTP redirect, the resulting Location URL may need to be converted to specify HTTPS instead of HTTP (and vice-versa). Content rules can be used to perform this conversion. To create the content rules, go to Rules & Checking > Content Rules in the main menu of the LoadMaster Web User Interface (WUI) and click Create New. Then, fill out the details as outlined in the below screenshots.
HTTP to HTTPS
Match String: /^http:\/\/(.*)/
Value of Header Field to be Replaced: https://\1
HTTPS to HTTP
Match String: /^https:\/\/(.*)/
Value of Header Field to be Replaced: http://\1
To apply this rule to a Virtual Service, follow the steps below:
- In the main menu of the LoadMaster Web User Interface (WUI), go to Virtual Services > View/Modify Services.
- Click Modify on the relevant Virtual Service.
- Expand the Advanced Properties section.
- Click the Show Header Rules button.
- Under Response Rules, select the rule from the drop-down list.
- Click Add.