To back up certificates and keys, follow the steps below in the LoadMaster Web User Interface (WUI):
- Go to Certificates > Backup/Restore Certs.
- In the Certificate Backup section, enter the desired Passphrase twice. This passphrase will be needed when restoring the backup.
- After the file is downloaded, rename it to certbackup.gz.
- Once you have the .gz file, you can either unzip it from the command line using gzip -d or using a tool such as 7zip.
- Rename the resulting file certbackup.aes.
- Download and install OpenSSL from the web.
- In OpenSSL, enter:
openssl enc -in certbackup.aes -out certbackup.tar -d -aes256 -k passphrase
Where passphrase is the passphrase you entered when exporting the backup from the LoadMaster.
- Untar the resulting file (certbackup.tar).
The resulting folder will contain your certificates.
For LoadMaster 6.0 and later, each certificate and key will be in an appropriately named file.
For LoadMaster versions 5.1 and lower, there will be set(s) of file pairs like this:
192.168.1.200,443.k.pem (UNPROTECTED private key for the VS at 192.168.1.200:443)
192.168.1.200,443.pem (Certificate for the VS at 192.168.1.200:443)
Note: These files are in standard x.509 certificate format. You can use this certificate and key to import into IIS or any other web server which accepts standard x.509 certificates.