How to export SSL certificates from a LoadMaster Certificate Backup
To back up certificates and keys, follow the steps below in the LoadMaster Web User Interface (WUI):
- Go to Certificates > Backup/Restore Certs.
- In the Certificate Backup section, enter the desired Passphrase twice. This passphrase will be needed when restoring the backup.
- After the file is downloaded, rename it to certbackup.gz.
- Once you have the .gz file, you can either unzip it from the command line using gzip -d or using a tool such as 7zip.
- Rename the resulting file certbackup.aes.
- Download and install OpenSSL from the web.
- In OpenSSL, enter:
openssl enc -in certbackup.aes -out certbackup.tar -d -aes256 -md md5 -k passphrase
Where passphrase is the passphrase you entered when exporting the backup from the LoadMaster.
- Untar the resulting file (certbackup.tar).
The resulting folder will contain your certificates.
Note: These files are in standard x.509 certificate format. You can use this certificate and key to import into IIS or any other web server which accepts standard x.509 certificates.