KEMP 360 Central is a centralized management, orchestration, and monitoring application that enables the administration of deployed LoadMaster instances.
Use KEMP 360 Central to perform administrative tasks on each LoadMaster instance. This provides ease of administration because multiple LoadMasters can be administered in one place, rather than accessing each LoadMaster individually.
The purpose of this document is to provide step-by-step instructions on deploying KEMP 360 Central with Microsoft Hyper-V.
This document is intended for anyone who needs more information about deploying KEMP 360 Central with Microsoft Hyper-V.
Note that since Version 1.25.2, the default minimum Virtual Machine provisioning requirements for new installs have been updated as follows:
|Resource||V1.24 and earlier firmware||V1.25.2 and later firmware|
|CPU||Two cores||Four cores|
|RAM||4 GB||8 GB|
|Disk Storage||40 GB||250 GB|
Upgrades to Version 1.25.2 and later releases will not update existing Virtual Machine resources. To modify your current Virtual Machine configuration to conform to the above minimum values, contact KEMP Support.
The following instructions describe how to install KEMP 360 Central on a Hyper-V environment using the Hyper-V Manager.
KEMP 360 Central is packaged within a .vhd file for ease of deployment. This file can be freely downloaded from KEMP Technologies and by default offers a permanent two device license.
1. Visit the download page at https://kemptechnologies.com/kemp360-central-download
2. Select your country from the drop-down list.
3. Select your hypervisor platform.
4. Click Download to start the download.
5. Checksums are provided to allow integrity checking of the download.
6. If necessary, unzip the download to an accessible location.
To create a new instance of KEMP 360 Central, use the New Virtual Machine function within the Hyper-V Manager:
1. Open the Hyper-V Manager and select the relevant server node in the left panel.
2. Click New in the Actions column and select Virtual Machine from the list.
3. Click Next then type the name of the virtual machine and click Next.
4. Click the Browse button and browse to and select the Hyper-V.
5. Specify the amount of memory to allocate to the virtual machine then click Next.
6. Configure your networking connection then click Next.
7. Connect the virtual hard disk or browse to the location where the hard disk is stored then click Next.
8. The KEMP 360 Central instance should be completed and should now appear within the Virtual Machines pane in the Hyper-V Manager.
Before starting the KEMP 360 Central instance, first verify the network adapters are configured correctly.
1. Right-click the virtual machine you have imported within the Virtual Machines pane.
2. Click the Settings option.
3. Click the Network Adapter or Legacy Network Adapter option within the Hardware list.
KEMP recommend selecting the Network Adapter option as it provides much higher performance and less load on the host.
4. Ensure that the network adapter is configured correctly:
- Ensure that the network adapter is connected to the correct virtual network.
- Expand the Network Adapter menu and select Advanced Features, select the Static option within the MAC address section and type the relevant MAC address.
- Ensure that the Enable spoofing of MAC addresses checkbox is selected.
5. Click the OK button.
6. Repeat these steps for the second network adapter.
Once the KEMP 360 Central instance has been deployed it can be powered on:
- Right-click the KEMP 360 Central machine which was imported within the Virtual Machines pane.
- Click Start.
The KEMP 360 Central instance should begin to boot up.
- Right-click the KEMP 360 Central machine and select Connect to open the console window.
- The KEMP 360 Central instance should obtain an IP address using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Make a note of this address.
If KEMP 360 Central does not obtain an IP address, or if the IP address needs to be changed, it can be manually configured in the console by following the steps in the Manually Set the Network Settings section.
For more information on this, including instructions on how to license KEMP 360 Central, refer to the KEMP 360 Central Feature Description on the KEMP Documentation Page.
This section shows you how to manually configure the KEMP 360 Central network settings, without using DHCP.
Quick setup automatically begins when you log into KEMP 360 Central for the first time. It can also be started by selecting option one from the main menu.
The default username and password are kemp360 and 1fourall, respectively.
Quick setup allows the network settings for KEMP 360 Central to be quickly configured. Once KEMP 360 Central is configured and running, all other parameters can be changed using the User Interface (UI).
Quick Setup welcomes you with the following message:
The Quick Setup procedure allows the configuration of the following parameters:
IP address of KEMP 360 Central
IP address or addresses of any associated name servers
After these parameters have been set, the configuration should be activated. KEMP 360 Central is then ready for use.
If a parameter has been incorrectly set. Use the Cancel button until the main menu appears. Quick Setup can then be performed again to correct the error.
To quickly set up your KEMP 360 Central, use the following steps:
1. Log in to the console.
2. From the menu which displays, select Quick Setup and then press OK.
3. From the Quick Setup Help dialog box, press OK.
4. On the DHCP dialog box, select No to not use DHCP.
5. Type the IP address and Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) you wish to assign to KEMP 360 Central and press OK.
6. Type the IP address of the default gateway and press OK.
7. Type a space-separated list of name server IP addresses and press OK.
8. Press Yes on the Reboot screen to activate the setup.
More information on Console Administration for KEMP 360 Central can be found in the KEMP 360 Central Console Administration, Interface Description.
This document was last updated on 09 October 2018.