How to Reset / Change your Password
This article explains how to
- Reset your KempID password
- Reset your bal account password
- Change your bal account password
- Reset your password on a LoadMaster for any other user
1. How to Reset your Kemp ID Password
If you forget your Kemp ID password, you can reset it using the following link:
You should receive an email with a reset password link from where you can enter your new password.
Finally, you should receive an email confirming that your password has been changed successfully.
2. How to Reset your bal Account Password
Note - Resetting the bal user password requires direct console access to the unit. This cannot be done using SSH.
You can reset the bal account password by accessing the console and logging in with the following details:
Once this is done, you are prompted to enter credentials again. At this point, you may enter the username bal and password 1fourall.
If you reboot your unit without modifying the password from this default value, the system reverts back to the old password.
3. How to Change your bal Account Password
- From the console menu, after logging in with the bal user, navigate to Local Administration.
- Select Set Password.
- Enter the old password (default 1fourall) then enter the new password twice.
- You can now log in to the Web User Interface (WUI) by using bal with the new password you just set.
4. How to Reset your Password on a LoadMaster for any Other User
To reset a named user, you must be logged in as bal or a named user with All Permissions. To reset the password, follow the steps below in the LoadMaster WUI:
- In the main menu, go to System Configuration > System Administration > User Management.
- In the Local Users section, click Modify for the relevant user.
- Type the new password.
- Re-enter the new password.
- Click Change Password.