This document describes the installation of KEMP 360 Central within a Xen, para-virtualized environment.
There are several different versions of the VM available. Full details of the currently supported versions are available on our website: www.kemptechnologies.com.
The Xen virtual machine guest environment for the VM, at a minimum, must include:
- Two virtual processors
- 4 GB RAM
- 40 GB HDD virtual hard disk capacity (sparse where possible
Para virtualization requires some modification of the guest operating system (OS) or application. The guest OS or applications are aware that they are in a virtual environment, which allows for a near-native performance.
There may be maximum configuration limits imposed by Xen such as maximum RAM per Virtual Machine (VM), Virtual Network Interface Cards (NICs) per VM, and so on. For further details regarding the configuration limits imposed by Xen, refer to the relevant Xen documentation.
A wide variety of Linux distributions can be used as the Dom0 operating system. For a full list of the compatible Linux distributions, refer to www.xen.org.
KEMP 360 Central has been tested with the following Dom0 operating systems and versions of Xen.org.
|Dom0 OS||Xen.org Version|
If you have any issues with KEMP 360 Central when using a different combination of Xen.org versions and Linux distributions as the Dom0, then contact KEMP Support.
The following instructions describe how to install KEMP 360 Central in a Xen environment.
The VM is packaged within a .tar.gz file for ease of deployment. To download the VM, follow the instructions below:
2. Select your country from the drop-down list provided.
3. In the Select your hypervisor section, click KVM/XEN.
4. Click Download.
5. A dialog box that allows you to save the ZIP file appears automatically. If it does not, click the you can manually start your download link.
6. Click Save File and then click OK.
7. If you donâ€™t already have a KEMP ID, use the form at the bottom of this web page to create one.
KEMP recommends using Virtual Machine Manager to deploy KEMP 360 Central in a xen para-virtualized environment. The steps below were documented using Virtual Machine Manager:
1. Click Create a new virtual machine.
2. Select Import existing disk image.
3. Click Virtualization Method.
4. Select xen(paravirt).
5. Click Forward.
6. Browse to and select the disk file.
7. Select Generic as the OS type.
8. Select Generic as the Version.
9. Click Forward.
10. Enter a minimum of 4096 MB in the Memory text box.
11. Enter a minimum of 2 in the CPUs text box.
12. Click Forward.
13. Enter a Name for the Virtual Machine.
14. Expand the Advanced options section and select appropriate network for the machine.
15. Click Finish.
Please verify that the Virtual Machine settings are configured with the recommended values:
- 2x virtual processors
- 4 GB RAM
- 40 GB virtual hard disk capacity (sparse where possible)
To start KEMP 360 Central boot process, power on KEMP 360 Central. This is immediately attached to the serial console.
KEMP 360 Central obtains an IP address by using DHCP. Make a note of this address.
Configure KEMP 360 Central to operate within the network configuration.
1. In an internet browser, enter the IP address that was previously noted.
Ensure to enter https:// before the IP address.
2. A warning may appear regarding website security certificates. Click the continue/ignore option.
3. The KEMP 360 Central Welcome page appears, click Continue to proceed.
4. The KEMP 360 Central End User License Agreement screen appears. Please read the license agreement and, if you are willing to accept the conditions therein, click the Agree button to proceed.
5. If using the Online licensing method, fill out the fields and click License Now.
If using the Offline Licensing method, select Offline Licensing, obtain the license text, paste it into the License field and click Apply License.
For detailed instructions on how to register for a KEMP ID and license the LoadMaster, refer to the KEMP 360 Central, Feature Description on the KEMP Documentation Page.
6. Set the desired admin password and click Set Password.
7. You should now connect to the Welcome page of KEMP 360 Central.
This document was last updated on 18 June 2018.