Notice - Automated Web Application Firewall (WAF) Rule Updates
First Published: 2019 September 2nd
Last Updated: 2019 September 2nd
Impacted Functional Area: Web User Interface (WUI)
An issue has been identified with the WAF Rule file of August 29th being used by the Automated WAF Rule Updates feature.
- If you have Enable Automated Rule Updates and Enable Automated Installs both enabled.
The following products are affected by this Issue:
- LoadMasters running LMOS versions which are enabled with Automated WAF Rule Updates
Products Not Affected
The following products are not affected by this vulnerability:
- LoadMasters not enabled with Automated WAF Rule Updates
- If you are unable to access the Loadmaster via WUI then you should manually power cycle your device when performing this operation, you need to ensure that NO SSH or Console Sessions are active.
- If you can access your Loadmaster WUI, Kemp recommend manually download the current WAF Rule Update.
Any questions regarding this issue or manually downloading the WAF rules or other related questions should be directed to the Kemp Customer Support team here.
NOTE - Any LoadMaster upgrades are recommended to be completed outside normal business hours.
Requests for assistance can be submitted to KEMP Customer Support Here