At Kemp we have always wanted to be very connected to our user base. Our product aim to deliver the value that is needed to deliver a positive application experience. We also know that even thou our products have a wealth of features and functionality, we don’t have everything that our customers may want or need. No one knows our products better that you, our users.
We have listened and have taken action concerning our ability to take in these requests and provide a way for our community to influence what we implement in our products. We have created a new way of capturing these requests from our users.
First Things First
Code of Conduct
Feedback and constructive criticism are welcome. We don’t like having to remove comments, but we reserve the right to do so without warning in order to maintain a positive community experience for everyone.
If it's a bug, create a support ticket
The Kemp Ideas Portal is for feature requests only. If you have encountered an actual bug in one of our products, the best place to start is working with our support team. You can create a support ticket here.
We have received hundreds of requests so far, so there's a good chance someone has already made a suggestion similar to yours.
Vote for feature requests you like
Votes do matter! See a request that you agree with or want yourself? Votes on requests have a better chance to be implemented, or relooked at in our regular review of existing requests.
Requests that have been marked as Will not Implement will be reviewed on a consistent basis. Depending on the activity or votes, we will reengage on a request to potentially change our stance. This doesn't mean your idea was bad, or that it will never happen. It just means that it wasn't something that we see fitting in our product line in the near future.
Requests that have been marked as Future Consideration will be review on a consistent basis as well. This request we seen value and merit in the request, but at the time of initial review, we did not see this fitting into our immediate roadmap. The request will be pruned to ensure that decisions are being made to either accept the feature into our product line, or mark them as Will Not Implement.
Submitting a Request
- Navigate to https://ideas.kemp.ax
- Log in with your Kemp Id.
- Search for the request you are looking to implement. Someone may have had the same idea!
- If your request is unique click Add a new idea
- You will then need to choose a product, provide a request summary, and add details on the request specifically.
Our Product Managers are problem solvers! The most helpful feature requests are the ones that describe the nature and scope of a given problem. It's much easier for us to address a request if we clearly understand the context of the issue, the problem, and why it matters to you.
- What is the problem?
- Why is it a problem?
- How do you solve the problem today?
- How would you ideally solve the problem?
- How big is the problem (business impact, frequency of impact, who is impacted)
Our Product Managers will review your feature request and engage with you directly on your idea. Normally this will occur within 3 buisness days.
Status’s and workflow
- New – This is the default initial state an idea enters after being created. Kemp product managers will review the request and determine the next steps. We will reach out to the submitter to get clarification if needed.
- Needs More Info – Our product managers have started assessing the idea, but we require more information from the submitter before moving forward concerning the request.
- Being Assessed – Once enough information has been provided Kemp’s product managers will need to assess the request for validity, user demand, and effort.
- Accepted – This is one of the decision statuses. Accepted means we agree that the request is valid and that we want to start the process of putting it into the product porfolio. At this point the request will be promoted to a feature in our backlog that will be prioritized and evaluated by our development team.
- Planned – The feature that is linked to the idea has entered planning for a specific Kemp release.
- Feature Exists - the capability requested already exists within the product.
- Future Consideration - this isn't something we want to Implement given our current priorities, information and resources however it appears to be an interesting idea that we may want to re-visit in the future. Customers should continue to add support for it if they think it's important and we'll regularly re-assess these Ideas as things change.
- Won't Implement - This is an invalid submission or something that does not meet on our priorities. This can change with enough user feedback or opportunity.
- Duplicate - The Feature does not exist in the Product but there is an existing Idea submitted for the same thing, votes and comments should all be made against the original Idea submitted.