Content Rule Enhancements
This article relates to LoadMaster firmware version 7.2.52.
In LoadMaster firmware version 7.2.52, a number of usability improvements were made to the content rule functionality based on customer feedback. These enhancements are summarized below:
- It is now possible to duplicate a content rule
- There is now an In Use column on the Content Rules page that indicates if the content rule is in use or not:
- The star icon means the content rule is not assigned to any Virtual Services.
- The tick icon means the content rule is assigned to at least one Virtual Service. The number of assigned Virtual Services is displayed next to the tick icon. Hover over the tick icon to get details about the Virtual Services this content rule is assigned to. The hover text only displays the first 20 assigned Virtual Services.
- Error handling has been improved - more detail is now provided when a content rule fails to get created.
- It is now easier to reorder the priority of rules in a Virtual Service - there is a move option that allows you to specify the position to move the rule to. Numbers are also now displayed on the page showing the content rules assigned to a Virtual Service to indicate the priority. For example, rule 1 (ContentMatching) in the screenshot above is the highest priority rule in the list of four.
Application Programming Interface (API) Details
You can retrieve details about the Virtual Services that a content rule is assigned to by running the showrule command:
The UsedBy section displays the details about the Virtual Services that the content rule is assigned to.
Run the listvs command to view the list of rules assigned to every Virtual Service:
Run the showvs command to view the list of rules assigned to a specific Virtual Service:
The rules are displayed in order of priority.
For further details on the RESTful API in general, refer to the RESTful API Interface Description document.
For PowerShell help, run the Get-Help command for the relevant commands.