Fiserv DNA SAF Server
This guide details the steps required to configure a load balanced Fiserv DNA(R) SAF Server environment utilizing the Kemp LoadMaster.
The LoadMaster offers advanced Layer 4 and Layer 7 server load balancing, SSL Acceleration, and a multitude of other advanced Application Delivery and Optimization (ADC) features. The LoadMaster can load balance the Fiserv DNA SAF servers. The LoadMaster intelligently and efficiently distributes user traffic among the application servers so that users get the best experience possible.
This document provides guidance and recommended settings on how to load balance Fiserv DNA SAF servers with a Kemp LoadMaster. The Kemp Support Team is available to provide solutions for scenarios not explicitly defined.
Kemp has developed a template containing our recommended settings for this workload. You can install this template to help create Virtual Services (VSs) because it automatically populates the settings. You can use the template to easily create the required VSs with the recommended settings. You can remove templates after use and this will not affect deployed services. If needed, you can make changes to any of the VS settings after using the template.
Download released templates from the following page: LoadMaster Templates.
For more information and steps on how to import and use templates, refer to the Virtual Services and Templates, Feature Description on the Kemp Documentation page.
You can configure the necessary Virtual Service in a number of ways; using the template, manually configuring the settings, or using the Application Programming Interface (API). Refer to the relevant section below for further details.
This step-by-step set up of the VS leverages the Kemp application template for Fiserv DNA SAF.
The table in each section outlines the settings configured by the application template. You can use this information to manually configure the VS or using the Kemp LoadMaster API and automation tools.
To configure a VS using the application template, perform the following steps:
1. In the main menu of the LoadMaster Web User Interface (WUI), go to Virtual Services > Add New.
2. Type a valid Virtual Address.
3. Select Fiserv DNA SAF in the Use Template drop-down list.
4. Click Add this Virtual Service.
5. In the left-hand navigation select View/Modify Services.
6. Click Modify on the Virtual Service Fiserv DNA SAF on port tcp 10001.
7. Expand the Real Servers section.
8. Click Add New.
9. Type the Real Server Address. (These are the Fiserv DNA SAF servers.)
10. Confirm that port 10001 is entered.
11. Click Add This Real Server.
12. Repeat this step to add more Real Servers as needed.
This table outlines the API parameters and values set using the Kemp application template. You can use these settings with scripts and automation tools.
This document was last updated on 22 February 2022.