LoadMaster for Orange Flexible Engine Platform
Flexible Engine is a Public Cloud solution, operated by Orange Business Services (OBS). It gives you access to an innovative and well performing infrastructure to host your traditional and cloud native applications.
The LoadMaster is an Application Delivery Controller that provides enhanced security, resiliency, and advanced load balancing capabilities in an easily managed solution.
The following prerequisites must be configured before attempting the steps in this document:
- You must have a Flexible Engine account.
- You must have access to the relevant Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) and subnets.
- A security group must be configured specifying the relevant ports and protocols. Kemp recommends having rules for TCP port 22 and TCP port 80.
- An existing key pair must be configured. This is not used for LoadMaster authentication but it is a required step during the setup. For further details, refer to the Creating a key pair section of the Flexible Engine Startup Guide.
- An External IP address (EIP) must be configured.
To instantiate a Kemp LoadMaster in the Flexible Engine Platform, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to the Orange Business Services User Interface (UI).
2. Click Service List and Image Management Service.
3. Search for Kemp and click Apply for Server.
4. Select the relevant Region.
5. Select the relevant specification.
Ensure to select a configuration with a minimum of 2 vCPUs and 2 GB of memory.
6. Enter the disk size.
20 GB is the recommended disk size. There is no need to add an extra disk.
7. Click Next: Configure Network in the bottom-right.
8. Select the relevant VPC and specify the IP address details.
9. Select the relevant security groups.
10. Specify the relevant Elastic IP (EIP).
11. Click Next: Configure Advanced Settings in the bottom-right.
12. Select the relevant key pairs.
13. Confirm the settings and click Create Now.
14. Wait for the LoadMaster to be created. This can take a couple of minutes.
15. Click the refresh button. The Status will change to Running when the LoadMaster is created successfully.
16. Access the LoadMaster using the EIP.
For details on licensing the LoadMaster, refer to the Licensing Feature Description document.
This document was last updated on 22 March 2022.